Products of plant origin
Products of plant origin not intended for commercial use that may enter Chile as luggage.
Before entering Chile, these products MUST BE DECLARED by the passenger in the “Joint ADUANA-SAG sworn declaration.” The products will then be checked by the SAG inspector who may or may not authorize their entry.
The following products may enter Chile as long as they have been manufactured and the SAG inspector has verified that they are in their original packaging, hermetically sealed and labeled in such a way as to allow identification of their content and required storage conditions.
Products that may enter Chile:
- Frozen plants (examples: fruit, vegetables, legumes, grains and tubers).
- Cooked, candied and conserved fruit and vegetables, and fruit and vegetables in syrup.
- Fruit and vegetables in brine, vinegar, oil or other preservatives (for example: pickled olives, onions, gherkins or other similar pickles).
- Dried, toasted and/or salted fruits or grains, with or without raisins (for example: coffee, cocoa, peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts, cashew nuts, pistachios, etc.).
- Minced ground or sliced dried fruit (for example: almonds or walnuts).
- Dry or ground herbs and spices (for example: oregano, cloves, cinnamon, grated coconut, nutmeg, pepper).
- Whole spices: The following products require physical revision by an inspector.
- Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomurn).
- Cumin (Cuminum cyminum).
- Mustard (Sinapis alba, Brassica juncea, Brassica nigra.). Nutmeg (Myristica fragans).
- Pepper (Piper nigrum). Aniseed and star aniseed (Illicium verum),
- Cinnamon (Cinnamomum camphora)
- Cloves (Syzygium aromaticum),
- Vanilla (Vanilla planifolia)
- Chia (Salvia hispanica)
- Millet (Pennisetum sp., Setaria itálica, Panicum sp.)
- Sesame seeds (Sesamum indicum)
- Linseed (Linum usitatissimum)
- Dill (Anethum graveolens)
- Tea/ mate or other dried infusions. Infusions will be physically checked to ensure they do not contain bark, seeds and or fruit.
- Fruit and vegetable juice and pulp.
- Marmalades, quince sweets.
- Vegetable oils.
- Four, semolina, sugar
- Extruded cereals (for example: cornflakes, Quaker porridge, natur).
- Vegetable colorings and essences.
- Liquors and alcoholic drinks.
- Cork and cork products
- Products made of boards of:
- Plywood (fine bonded layers of wood, joint under high pressure to mesh their fibers, for example Plywood A)
- Particle boards (made of fine wood shavings that pressed and bonded under high pressure, for example: agglomerates. They are thicker but lighter than boards made from pressed wood).
- Fiber (Trupán-Cholguán)
If you intend to enter other products not included on this list you must consult SAG before doing so.